g

Monday, May 02, 2005

Rough Weekend

I actually played quite a bit of poker this weekend and I realized I have a problem. I have been consistently playing above my BR. Generally the minimum I have bee playing (unless I'm trying to clear a bonus) is $2/$4 and sometimes even $3/6. I have also been playing $50 and $100 NL which for someone with a $700 bankroll is twice the limits I should be playing.

I ended up losing about $200 this weekend and found my BR way back down to $580. Upon realizing this I switched my limit game to $1/$2 which keeps me at the 300 bb rule, but I found myself not as interested at these limits anymore. in $2/$4 or $3/$6 its not uncommon to drag the $70+ pot, but in $1/$2 they rarely get above $30 - $40. I know I need discipline and MUST do these limits again to get my BR back up, but its not gonna be easy.

Current BR - $580

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world -- that's why I'm getting a full time job for a month or two... would take too long to work my way up. I don't play my best when the resulting winnings are not meaningful to me.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home