g

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Late Late Late Night NL Session

One of those sleepless nights again and I decide I'm gonna play 'a little' more poker. Its like 1 AM in the morning when I get the hankerin' (thats southern slang for feeling) to play a cash NL game. I havent played a cash NL game in probably 2 months. Keep in mind I have to get up every morning at 6 am to be at work by 7am.

So I plop down at a a $100 NL table and for the first 30 minutes I'm just really trying to get the feel of the table and mainly folding everything waiting on that 'perfect hand'. Its been like 100,000 hands of limit since I have played NL so the adjustment felt weird. Well I wasnt' getting any cards and I noticed the table was really loose. Now I've always read that when a table is loose you are suppose to play tight, but at 1:30 AM I just really wanted to play some hands so I also loosened up my starting requirements.

I was down about $12 when this key hand comes up....

I am UTG with 6c8c and call the $1 BB (every book in America will tell you to fold this hand in this position, but lets forget that for a minute)

I get 3 calls behind me, the SB completes, and the BB checks so 5 way action going into the flop (no raises which was good)

The flop comes down a BEAUTIFUL 5h9c7s rainbow for the nut straight.

The small blind bets the minimum $1 (into $6) pot, BB folds, I smooth call hoping he had a big hand or someone left to act would smell weakness from his bet or my call and try to come over the top.

Action goes fold, fold, Late position makes it $3 to go. The SB reraises $5 to go! I smooth call the $4 to me trying to compose myself. After I smooth call Mr. Late position doubles the bet again and reraises it up $10 to go! WOO! The SB must have been running a bluff as he folded out so I once again smooth call the $5 to me and we now have 2 way action going into the turn.

Turn comes 8s which is a scare card for that board as it puts a higher straight draw and also a backdoor flush draw possibility out there. With all that action on the flop I have this guy pegged on an overpair or a set.

I check the turn and he bets $20 to me. Incase he is does have a draw to a higher straight or the flush I decide to make my move here and push my stack all in! $57 more to go, $77 bet. (Going all in is such a rush! You're heart starts pounding and the adrenaline gets pumping, WOW what a feeling at 2 am!)

The timer starts ticking and this guy is seriously in the think tank. At this point I am pretty sure I have the best hand, but think he could have a draw or redraw. After 45 seconds he makes the call.

The river brings the Jh and he mucks. I take down the $185 pot. After checking the pokerstars hand history he had 55 for a set of 5s.

Here is the way the hand played out in a prettier format .... http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=69619

I managed to lose about $35 after that hand and called it quits about 2:30 AM with my $50 profit. Got up this morning at 6:15 AM and here I set with my big 4 hours sleep.

I also got my gamesgrid VFP update and I played 3.8 table hours of $1/$2 Dealers Choice and 2.3 table hours of $5/$10 Dealers Choice so I have exactly 18 VFP hours accrued for a current estimated Sunday payment of $74.10

Current BR - $1608

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good to hear you came out positive on that session dna, I wasn't so lucky lol. btw, I got bored one day and decided to be cool like you and make a blog! No one will ever read it, but its kind of fun and will give me something to look at it in a few years and laugh about.
http://chaoplayaz.blogspot.com/

11:09 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

Nice blog Chao! That last post was funny.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home