g

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Not used to these pot swings

Well now that I am officially playing $5/$10 I have to say the average pot sizes freak me out a little bit. You can easily lose $50+ every hand you play, sometimes more. So far $5/$10 has been treating me well. I just played another 1 hour 4 table session on partypoker and netted up $285.

Normally I would find myself playing for 2 or 3 hours, but since I was up nearly $300 I found myself not wanting to lose it back. From all the books I have read I know this is the wrong way to think because that means I have associated monetary value to my chips instead of thinking in terms of just bets. This is something I am going to have to work at to get over, but I am sure I can do it.

I felt like I was the better player at the tables today. Most people I found were checking, calling, or folding. If raise is not in your reportoire then you cant win at these levels. The more hours I get in at $5/$10 the more comfortable I will be having $300 - $500 up or down swings in an hour, but for right now its still a little new and uncomfortable.

Current BR - $3292

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home