g

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Vacation Summary

Well made it back in one piece, thats always the sign of a good vacation. We ended up leaving about 9:00 PM CST on Saturday night and I drove all night from Nashville into Orlando. We lost an hour during the drive due to Eastern Standard time, but arrived at the Welcome Center right at 8:30 AM so about a 10 1/2 hour drive. I only stopped 3 times for gas and of course the family slept the entire night.

When I got to the welcome center to check into our resort I noticed one of our tires was nearly flat so I put some air in it at the gas station and it immediately started 'hissing' back out. I found a local tire place that didnt open for another hour, but we ended up needing to get a new tire which put a nice $100 dent on the front end of our vacation.

Sunday we pretty much just laid low cause it rained a lot. We toured the resort and went swimming and had a couple nice meals.

Sunday night I couldnt sleep because I kept getting the chills. By the time Monday morning came around I was running 104 degree temperature. GREAT, what a way to start your vacation. I was miserable. My wife and kids went on and did a full day at Sea World while I layed sick in the room for 12 hours watching bad TV.

By Tuesday I was feeling a little better and we made a full day out of Disney's Animal Kingdom. They had a very cool safari, 3D show, petting zoo, and Lion King show that we all enjoyed.

Wednesday we left Orlando and drove to Cocoa Beach which took about an hour. We spend nearly all day Wednesday on the beach and playing in the ocean. That night we went and had dinner then caught the new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at the local theather. We all loved the movie and agree Johnny Depp is an amazing actor.

Thursday we spent the full day touring Kennedy Space Center which I thought was just awesome, but my kids werent too excited. We got to see Discovery out on the launch pad waiting for its scheduled Tuesday launch. We got to go inside a real space shuttle, watched a cool 3D Imax movie, took a cool tour of all the facilities, touched a moon rock, mars rock, etc etc. We finished the day with a nice sit down meal at a steak and ribs place.

Friday we got up and drove home. It took nearly 12 1/2 hours to get home because A) we were leaving from cocoa beach instead of orlando and B) there was a lot of traffic, especially through Alanta GA rush hour, sigh.

We got in late last night, got up this morning and picked up our dog from the kennel and going to try to relax today and tomorrow to be back and at em at work on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home