g

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

You've Got To Be Shitting Me!!!!

So lets recap for those that havent read my last 24 hours. Yesterday I lose around $450 due to variance and bad beats, probably some bad play too. I go on tilt and lose another $400 playing NL above my bankroll. So I lose over $800 and over 1/3rd of my bankroll in 1 day. My worst finacial loss in poker ever.

So I get over that and goto work this morning and 30 minutes later my wife calls and our hot water heater busted. I have to leave work, buy a new hot water heater, pay a handy man to install it, out $350.

I have a pretty good evening in poker. Got my $300 PSO bonus and made $199 in actual play at party poker.

I go to log in The Gaming Club which has about $940 of my money in it and I am doing because of the PSO promotion. It says my account is locked and I have to contact support. I call their toll free 800# and they tell me yes its locked because I need to verify my account by sending them my drivers license and a utility bill with my name and address on it. Are you kidding me?? For one I have never even tried to withdraw, only deposited $1000 and only played for 2 days.

So after I gave the guy the idea I wasnt happy I took digital images of my drivers license and a utility bill and emailed it their support. I am still waiting on a response and my account to reopened and my money (nearly half my bankroll) to be unfroze.

So then the ultimate happens. I'm already in the pisser when my wife says "Do you smell that smoke?" I go into the living room and sure enough their is the distinct strong oder of smoke, like a candle got blown out or whatever (ya know, Smoke!). We looked everywhere and couldnt find a source of the odor and my first thought was the new hot water heater was burning or something was wrong it, but that wasnt it.

I then notice smoke coming up the air condition vents, holy shit this cant be good! I grab a flash light and go outside to the crawl space which leads under the house. I'll be damned if there hadnt been a fire from hell! The entire crawl space was filled with smoke and their was black char all over the dryer ventilation vents, several holes burned into the insulation. As far as I could tell the fire was out and nothing felt warm after I smartly touched everything with my bare hands to make sure.

Its like after midnight and I call the fire department just to make sure everything is ok so 5 minutes later here comes the fire department with their bright lights a going; waking every neighbor in the neighborhood. The first guy comes all in like Darth Vader in a full suit and mask complete with the sound effects "chhhhh chhhhh. chhhhhh chhhhh"

Apparently there is a kink or blockage in our dryer ventilaton system and it caused a backup which caught on fire. I have no idea who I need to call tomorrow have them come check this out and get me fixed up, but it doesnt sound like that could be very cheap. So its like 1 am and I have to get up in 5 hours for a 6:30 am meeting Thursday. After my meeting I gotta get this crap taken care of.

All I know is my gaming club account better be opened!

WHAT A FRICKING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a good note no one was hurt and I am thankful that this didnt happen while we were sleeping and my family is ok. Just unreal how so much bad stuff can happen in one day.

Good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Isn't it crzy how Life could go from Calm too Hectic within a matter of hrs, it always seems to amaze me, Good thing your Family is okay, and no one got hurt, keep us in touch look forward in hearing some good news, p.s. good to hear your making that $ and on the way too your 5K GOAL! GL =)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn dude sounds like that day sucked like dead dogs. We are really happy to hear that you and the family is OK, and if I know you, you will turn the poker loss around in no time at all. Good luck with resolving the fire issue and the clowns holding onto your bankroll. =)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home