g

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How to lose $450 in 3 hours

Why in the world I decided to play $5/$10 I'll never know, but I played for 3 hours and manged to lose $420. I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure thats BAD! It sounds really bad cause the amount is so large, but reality is it was a 42 BB losing session. Here are some hands. Feel free to comment on how bad I played them ...

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=86747

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=86744

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=86748

I will get $20 in fpp bonus tomorrow and got about 3 hours of VFP worth $21. I also played another 400 hands on poker rewards so almost have that $200 bonus cleared. I lost $10 playing there.

I also played a $20 MTT on stars and finished 305th out of like 900 when my QQ lost to A9.

Overall this is the worst 1 day poker loss I have ever hand -$451

Current Br - Current BR - $1821

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly I would've played it as aggresive as you did in those 3 hands except w/ that AK I would've 3 betted flop instead of calling, he just out drew you, and well you were stuck w/ ur AA vs his set of 9's(But I would've 3 betted and if he would've capped it would've called him all the way, that might of saved you some bets, remember The FLOP HOLDS ALL THE SECRETS, OF THE OTHER PLAYERS HAND, and the TURN Is where one Makes $ or Loses $)and your pocket 10-10 vs AJ I would've checked turn, when I had that open ender, took that free card, and possibly saved me a bet on river if that player would've bet, it doesn't add up $450 but I'm sure there were other hands, that made a dent to your stack...Overall you played well don't doubt yourself Look forward in reading that post of you cashing in all those points for $ and being back on track GL =)

2:31 AM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

I feel your pain. That was definitely the day from poker hell.

Without having any reads on your opponents, here's my two cents on the 3 hands:

1. On the pocket AA hand, go ahead and re-raise that flop to define where your opponent is. If he makes it 4 bets (I'm assuming that's the cap), then you are up against either a made hand (set or straight) that is better than your AA or the flush draw. You can then call down on the turn and river, which will save you 1 big bet on the turn. Heads-up you are just going to have to pay him off here with an overpair like AA.

2. On the AK hand, definitely 3-bet the flop with your hand. If he does not cap the flop, bet the turn when the 3rd spade comes.

If you are raised, you are likely beaten and can fold there if your opponent is not tricky. There's no shame in folding Top Pair-Top Kicker on the turn. If he's tricky, you should call down.

I'd guess that no matter what you did that your opponent was going to 3-out you on the river since he had the King. Just a bad beat.

3. I think you played the pocket TT hand perfectly. I would not take a free card on the turn when I'm heads-up here with a moderately coordinated board like J-9-4. It is possible that he is drawing, so charge him to draw. I'd only consider taking the free card if I had multiple opponents on the turn.

Consider the benefits of betting the turn:

(1) If you bet the turn, he may fold.

(2)If you get check-raised, you still have outs.

(3) If he flat calls, then you can showdown your hand for free on the river. There is probably no value to betting the river. He's most likely either got a Jack or a busted draw. Keep in mind, though, that if you have seen that he is a total donkey and would go the distance with middle or bottom pair, you should bet the river.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home