g

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I lose too much

OK I admit it, I am not a consistently winning player and I would be broke if it werent for bonuses. I really need to invest in poker tracker and start finding my leaks, because it seems anymore I have 3 losing sessions to my every 1 winning one. I'm not sure whats going on, but I need to figure it out soon. I dont think Gamesgrid integrates with Poker Tracker.

I got a little over 10 table hours in last night of Ring play and lost $260 at $3/$6. Thats losing about $26/table hour which is - 4BB/HR.

I played in the Negreanu Open and finished 33rd of 51. I busted out when I pushed my JK with K high flop but ran into pocket Aces.

I also played in the $5 MTT on gamesgrid. There were like 59 entrants and I finished 4th which was good for $55. I also got like 215 FPPs that cleared which is another $43 bonus added. I actually already have another 80 fpps pending on today for my little bit of play after midnight last night.

I updated the leaderboard website for the Negreanu Open to include last nights tourney results (http://home.comcast.net/~fullcontactpoker/leaderboard.html)

So after my bonuses I had a -$162 day.

Current BR - $1486

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I've heard (I don't use it myself), the hand histories from the cashier on GamesGrid Poker are compatible w/ Poker Tracker.

:)

aK

7:21 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Just some friendly advice:

If you have a copy of Small Stakes Hold'em, make sure to spend a lot of time reading (and re-reading) and understanding it. Poker Tracker can help, but it cannot help you find the leaks that SSHE can. PT will not tell you if you are not protecting your hands properly, for example. SSHE does a great job of discussing that topic.

Be careful playing over your bankroll. 300 big bets for a bankroll is the benchmark for playing at a given limit. Some people like up to 500 big bets. It's all about being comfortable. If you are playing a lot of 3/6 limit, you may be a bit short on bankroll. That could cause you to be uncomfortable and play scared sometimes.

Nice blog. Best of luck!

7:16 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

Thanks Michael, I do have SSHE and yes I do need to read it again. I am currently reading Super System II and will go back to SSHE after that. I been kinda playing the 250BB rule hehe, but yes realize proper BR is 300. I think a combo of patience, discipline, and PT can help me a lot. Thats the whole purpose of this blog is to be honest with myself and if others have input like you just shared that is awesome, so again, thanks.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home