g

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Son's 6th Birthday and The Grand Ole Opry

Got up this morning and went to Wal Mart to pick up a bunch of hot dogs, hamburgers, Spiderman Cake and Ice Cream. We had my son's 6th Birthday party here at the house from 11:30 - 2:00 and I grilled out and there were about 12 kids and 10 adults here besides my parents and my wife and I so we had a full house. The kids swam most of the time and my son got all kinds of cool presents; mainly spiderman, power rangers, yugi-o, and wresting stuff. The party went off great and then I took about a 2 hour nap because I was exhausted.

About 5:00 we dropped the kids off at the neighbors and I took my parents to their big surprise; The Grand Ole Opry. Keeping in mind I am not really into country music it was a pretty good time. Really the best part of it was seeing how great of a time my parents had. They were totally surprised and had no idea we were going. My mom and dad have watched the Grand Ole Opry on TV for as long as I can remember so they were very excited to find out thats what we were doing.

I was really surprised at how long it was, started at 6:30 and ended about 9:10 and it was just a never ending sea of artists. My parents recgonized every one, but I only knew a few. The line up was Little Jimmy Dickens, The Whites (Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack), Elizabeth Cook, Mike Snider, Jean Shepard, Jimmy Newman, Jason Aldean, John Conlee, Jan Howard, Billy Walker, Carlene Carter, Porter Wagner, Mel McDaniel, Connie Smith, Del McCoury Band, Opry Square Dance Band (sigh), Jeannie Seely, Osborne Brothers (they are famous for the song Rocky Top Tennessee and thats what they sang), Marty Stuart, and Vince Gill. I had heard of Marty and Vince and they were both pretty good.

What a long fulfilling day, doubt I will get any poker in. My parents leave tomorrow and I may get a few table hours in while my wife is at work.

Current BR - $1551

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home