g

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tennessee Rounders Bar League

Interesting, I found out that my local bar has a Monday night Hold Em Bar League that runs on a point system advancing to different places and final destination being Tunica. There were only 3 weeks left in this leaderboard so I really dont have a chance to make it this leaderboard period, but I went down to the bar to check it out. There were to tournaments one at 6:30 and one at 9:00

The first game was 46 people and I quickly found out the play was horrendous. 2nd hand of the night I picked up 10-10 in mid position and a guy went all in preflop (4000 starting chips). I was like wtf and layed it down and another guy called with Aces and the all in guy had 33. WOW. The blinds made it a crap shoot. Only 4000 in starting chips and after the first hour we were already at 500/1000 blinds.

I ended up finishing 3rd in the first tournament when we were 3 handed the blinds were 20,000/40,000 and there were only 184,0000 chips in the entire tournament so 1/3rd all the chips were in the blinds before the cards were even dealt, just ridiculous.

The 2nd tournament I busted out 22 or 23 out of 45 ish when My AQ ran with AQ flop went against JK and the guy flushed me on the river, bleh. All in all it was fun, but was really a card catching contest.

Current BR - $2455

2 Comments:

Blogger dna4ever said...

yup everyone was smoking and it was bad. I think I may go once or twice more just to see if I can get some leads on a good cash home game in my area. I understand there are a few floating around that are invite deals only.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to the area, can anyone tell me where I can catch a cash game in the Mt. Juliet / Hermitage Area?

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home