g

Monday, August 28, 2006

Suckers Bet?

OK I am either going to be $1000 richer, break even, or lose $1100 as I am falling for one of those 'too good to be true' promotions.

Mansion.com which is a very well known online sports book is running a promotion for the opening Pittsburgh/Dolphins game. It is a no lose promotion. You must bet $1100 on the line (currently at -4.5) to win $1000. You win the bet you take you $1000, you lose the bet they refund your $1100.

I have read 3 or 4 website reviews on Mansion.com and came up with nothing, but excellent reviews. I talked to their support just to make sure there werent any catches I was missing like cashout/withdraw restrictions, etc, but as long as you fax/email them your ID there are no other restrictions.

There is also a way to hedge this bet with another sports book to guarantee a win of $442 between the two sites. So the question is do I want 100% of $442 or flip a coin for a little over double or nothing. Well I'm a gambler and doing double or nothing. GO STEELERS! Win by 5 points baby!

I really hope I dont post after the game saying how I got scammed, but all my 'research' makes me think this is a just a fantastic promotion where they are taking a 50/50 shot on getting a bunch of new customers that have the ability to deposit $1100 into their account. *Fingers Crossed*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home