g

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bar League Tournament

Last night I played in 2 of the weekly local bar league live games. Both tournaments only had about 35 people.

The first game I thought I was going to repeat my victory from last week, but got unlucky towards the end when the blinds went up really high. It got down to 4 handed and I called a shortstacks all in with A9 spades, he flips over Q8 spades, but hits an 8 on the turn and doubles up. About 3 hands later I complete in the SB with QKo and BB checks HU. Flop 78K. I check, she pushes, has me covered by 1000 and I call. She turns over JQ hearts, two hearts on the flop. Heart on the river and I was out in 4th.

Second game I got crippled about an hour in when my JA with J high on the board took a hit to pocket Queens. I played patient and picked up AQ clubs and pushed, got 2 callers which both had me covered. They turn over A6 and QK, great shape to triple up and put me back in the hunt. Flop 788, turn 9, river T. Meh! Out in 19th.

Even though I have only played in this league for 2 weeks I'm in the top 15 out of about 100 that have points. Going to keep playing it for awhile cause its pretty fun to play live, even though there is no money at stake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home