g

Friday, June 10, 2005

How NOT to play Pocket Aces Shorthanded

It never ceases to amaze me how attached people get to their pocket aces. I mean it seems like people are willing to sell their house in order to call down a hand to the river with their aces.

This was a hand that happened about 10 minutes ago and I thought it was a good teaching tool. I was playing a $1/$2 shorthanded (6 player) limit game.

Picked up big slick suited (clubs) UTG and raise it. I get a caller from late and the small blind completes, 3 way action. Flop comes 7c Qd Jh. Not a terrible flop for me cause I still have to overs, a straight draw, and the nut backdoor flush draw. Small blind bets into me (I'm thinking he hit a pair of queens or jacks), I smooth call, and late calls as well. Turn comes the magical Tc giving me the nut straight and also a draw to the nut flush. SB fires out first again, I reraise, late folds, he reraises me again, I know right now there is no hand that can have be beat, but am thinking he may have trips now a draw to the fullhouse, I reraise and cap the turn betting, he calls. River brings a blank 4s. Once again he bets out, I reraise, he reraises again (now I'm thinking posible split pot cause he could have AK too), but I cap the raises and he calls. I turn over the AK nut straight and he mucks AA.

Are you kidding me? AA is a strong hand in a 6 handed match, but reraising every street is just terrible. Even some garbage hand like 47 would have him beat.

Here is the hand as it played out ... http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=74002

I only played for 10 minutes because was at lunch, but scrouged up $30 in about 3 orbits (18 hands). Thats 83.25 bb/100 lol.

Current Total BR - $1983
Atlantic City BR- $700
Current Online BR - $1283

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home