g

Friday, December 30, 2005

My 2005 Year Summary

Here is a summary of everything I have written in my blog this year. This will be my last post of the year and I thought I would summarize what has happened month by month since starting this little 'goal' of trying to turn $50 into $5000 by playing online poker in one years time.

January 2005
Deposited $50 into Pokerstars
Mainly played $5 SnG, $3 MTTs, and some micro limit NL
Went to Nashville Kats Arena Football game with Family
Ending January BR - $158

February 2005
Discovered limit hold em and made that my primary cash ring game
Read Harrington on Hold Em I and bought SSHE (Small Stakes Hold Em)
Had my major heart surgery
Subscribed to Bluff Magazine
Signed up with Party Poker through Instantbankroll.com
Ending February BR - $424

March 2005
Discovered Omaha
Signed up with Poker Mountain and played some Poker for the first time with Daniel Negreanu
Received autographed Theory of Poker book from Pokerstars FPP Store
Signed up with Full Tilt Poker
Started Coaching my daughters soft ball team
Ending March BR - $255

April 2005
Signed up for Ultimate Bet
Played $2/$4 LHE on $400 BR (obviously no comprehension of proper BR management at this time)
Went to Nashville Sounds AAA Baseball Game with Family
Ending April BR - $770

May 2005
Found and understood variance and began playing proper BR limits
Went to 3 Doors Down Concert with wife (paid for with $ from BR ($120)
Finished 9th out of 1100+ in a MTT
Signed up for Gamesgrid
Bought Aces and Kings book
Finished 1st in Negreanu Open Weekly MTT tournament
Ending May BR - $1558

June 2005
Created and started maintaining leaderboard website for the Negreanu Open leaderboard tournies
Discovered Razz, Triple-Draw Lowball, Stud H/L and Omaha H/L
Began Playing $3/$6 LHE after reaching $1800 BR
Added Hit Counter to Blog
Withdrew $700 from BR for Atlantic City Trip
Got Sklansky’s HE for Advanced Players from Pokerstars FPP Store
Went to Alantic City and New York with my brother and blew my $700 on poker and booze, stayed at the Borgata and met FCP friend elkang and played at the Trop.
Discovered Pokersourceonline.com (PSO)
Signed up and completed Pacific Poker promotion through PSO
Signed up and completed Absolute Poker promotion through PSO
Signed up and completed Paradise poker promotion through PSO
Signed up and completed Poker Room promotion through PSO
Signed up and completed Bodog promotion through PSO
Signed up and completed Noble Poker promotion through PSO
Got free Apple IPOD from PSO with my PSO Points
Wife bought me two poker books for Fathers Day: Super System II & The Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King
Ending June BR - $1348

July 2005
Signed up and completed Poker Rewards promotion through PSO
Took $200 out of bankroll for softball and took my parents to the Grand Ole Opry
Profound Statement made – “OK I admit it, I am not a consistently winning player and I would be broke if it werent for bonuses.”
Lost $900 in 2 sessions because of tilt and chasing money way above bankroll
Got $300 Party Poker gift certificate from PSO with my PSO points
Hot Water Heater Busted
Basement Caught on Fire
Horrible Experience with Verifying my identity with The Gaming Club promo I was doing with PSO and eventually cashed everything out and never played there at all
Went on Family Vacation to Florida, Disney, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach
Finished 42nd out of 1200+ person $10 stars rebuy MTT when busted by Chris Moneymaker AQ vs AA on A high flop.
Hit $3000 bankroll and moved to $5/$10 LHE
Bought “The Poker MBA” book and Chris Moneymaker’s book from the Pokerstars FPP Store
Ending July BR - $3417

August 2005
Finished 58th out of 1800+ in Stars MTT
Bought High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story Movie
Minus 100BB day (lost $1000 in one day)
Played some $5/$10 LHE with Tom McEvoy
Got a bunch of free Party Poker stuff – clothes, jersey, hat
Played in a poker tourney with the neverwinpoker ‘pros’ Dustin Woolf (neverwin), Todd Witteles (dandruff), and Jennifer Leigh (jennicide)
Signed up with Empire Poker
Received $100 PSO Referral Bonus
Bankroll hits highest point of the year $4188
Got free copy of Pokertracker with some more PSO points
Discovered 6 handed (short handed) poker tables
Bought new 1600 x 1200 res monitor so I could 4 table without overlap
Yikes – got drunk and played $20/$40 LHE and $400 NL (luckily didn’t go broke)
Lost $2000 in a 10 day time period due to variance and bad beats
Ending August BR - $1505 (down $2700 from highest point in August, OUCH!)

September 2005
Got First Royal Flush Ever on Labor Day
Went to Motley Crue Concert
Signed up and
Signed up and completed Titan Poker promotion through PSO
Bought Psychology of Poker and Tournament Poker for Advanced Players with some Pokerstars FPP Points
Received personalized/autographed Daniel Negreanu Fullcontactpoker.com Shirt
Ending September BR - $1845

October 2005
Won $467.10 by placing 8th out of 1035 in a $20 MTT
Lost $820 NL Pot with AA vs 33 when a 3 spoke on the river.
Finished 19th out of 481 in a $50 MTT, won $168
Played tourney with neverwin (Dustin Woolf)
Weekend Cub Scout Camping Trip with Family
Totally Lost Control and played $15/$30 LHE and lost a lot
Got 2 Free Books from PSO – Barry Greenstein’s An Ace on the River and Harrington on Hold Em 2
Ending October BR - $1406

November 2005
Ordered Stu Ungar Book: One of a King with some Pokerstars FPP Points
Name mentioned in Daniel Negreanu Poker Blog
Went to Nashville Predators NHL Game with my son
Received Autographed Daniel Negreanu Fullcontactpoker.com Hat
Received Free Pokerstars Shirt from Placing in their Blogger Championship Tourny
Took wife to Nashville Predators Game
Took son to another Nashville Predators Game
Ending November BR - $1903

December 2005
Took $350 Out of Bankroll to buy Plane Tickets and Book Hotel Room for Las Vegas trip in February
Signed up for Daniel Negreanu’s new fullcontactpoker.com poker site
Finished 2nd out of 372 in $10 MTT on FCP and won $558
Ending December BR - $2333

YEAR SUMMARY

Turned $50 into $3703 and after withdrawing $1370 for various things throughout the year I am left with $2333 in cash. I plan on taking $1000 of that out for my Vegas trip next February. I feel I improved my game tremendously, I got over a dozen free books (most autographed and personalized), played poker with a lot of ‘pros’, got a free IPOD, went to Atlantic City, made a lot of awesome new friends. Even though I came up $1300 short of my original $50 to $5000 goal I still think I had a great year and learned a lot.

After my Vegas trip I will be left with about $1200 which is a proper starting bankroll for $2/$4 so my 2006 goal will be to turn $1200 into $10,000. Thanks to everyone who has commented here, given advice, support, criticism. Hard to believe this little blog has got over 26,000 hits in the past 6 months. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whatever said...

Thanks for post DNA! My only advice for 2006 (from a fellow low limit player) is don't move up just because your bankroll says you can. Beat the limit you're at for a good amount over a set amount of hands and then move up.

Or don't. Lord knows I have plenty to learn still.

1:07 PM  
Blogger CoopDaddy1 said...

Cool blog man. Glad I stumbled on to it. Seems like you're headed in the right direction...just don't play poker while you're drunk! :-)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home