g

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Live Tourney | Live Cash Game | Movies Galore

Last night I played in a 43 person $200 buyin live game and busted 13th, top 6 paid.

After the tourney a $2/$5 NL Cash game started up and if you read my blog you know I dont really play NL, but it was the only game going and I was like why not.

After sitting for about 5 minutes I knew I was in trouble. There were 3 MANIACS at the table. There was no limping and betting or calling $50 - $75 with Q high seemed to be the standard play.

I played really tight and never saw a face card the first 2 orbits. Then this one guy had about $32 and went all in blind, he doubled up to $64. He went all in blind again and doubled up again to $128. He then puts it in blind again before the cards are dealt and the guy to his left who had about $220 in chips said he calls blind. WTF is going on here! It folds to me and I look down and wake up with pocket Kings. I declare All-In and the guy that called blind immediately throws in his other $100. They turn over 5-T and 8-T. My kings hold up and I make $300 bones.

I played for about 2 hours and folded mostly. I won one other decent pot when I made a HORRIBLE turn call. I had made a loose call in the blind with Q6 of hearts. Flop was x8T 1 heart. It checked around and the turn brought a 5 of hearts. A guy bets out $50 into about a $75 pot. For some reason I called and the river brought the 8 of hearts. I put the guy in for his last $75 and he calls with trip 8s made on the river. I show him my flush and he berates me for my horrible turn call, rightfully so.

I left the game up $425 so made $225 on the night.

Today my wife and I wanted to rent the movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg so I went to our local video store and it turns out they are having a clearance on all their VHS tapes. Rentals are $1.99 or you could buy a VHS for $2.50. So I proceeded to scavage the store and ended up buying the following movies for $2.50 each:

Rock Star
Chasing Amy
Blow
The Crow
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Dogma
The Karate Kid
The Bourne Identity
Mallrats
Knockaround Guys
Gridlock'd
JFK
A Night at the Roxbury
LaBamba
200 Cigarettes
The Exorcist

Best $40 I ever spent!

I'm still laying off online poker for awhile, probably a good week or two as I am just not into it after that last -$2200 session.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I love buying up the VHS leftovers at video stores .. they really are a treasure trove ... on my last trip I bought "The Snapper," "Croupier" and Soderbergh's "King of the Hill," three great little movies I hadn't seen in years

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home