g

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Monday Night Bar League Games

Last night started a new leaderberboard for my Monday night bar league. I finished the last leaderboard in 2nd place which means I get to go play in the Tournament of Champions on September 30th which is basically about a 150 person crap shoot where the winner gets a buyin to either a $500 or a $1000 Tunica tourny and a trophy.

Last night my wife went with me which was pretty cool as she is just learning the game. She outlasted over half the field the first game. I finished 2nd out of about 40 in the first game. I learned about a really stupid 'league rule' after that fact which caused me to split 2nd place with another guy. When it was down to 3 handed the SB was the shortstack with 5000. I had 85,000 and the BB was the chipleader with about 110,000. The SB was all in blind cause blinds were 5K/10K and I picked up AT on the button and decided to go ahead and isolate the SB and pushed my 85K in. The BB was a TOTAL noobie luckbox who literally had a laminated hand ranking card in front of him to tell him which hands beat what hands. Well he decides his A4o is good and calls my all in. SB has rags and the BB hits his 4 ofcourse and I'm out. Well any normal tournament rules would give me 2nd and the SB 3rd since I had him WAY outchipped and we went out on the same hand, but this tourney gives the same points and finish if you bust on the same hand. WTF.

The second game my wife went out on a hand that I would have busted on as well. She had AQ flop comes 5TQ turn 2 river A and the guy had a set of tens, nothing you can do. She went out in the first 10 minutes and I picked up 89 of clubs in middle position, 4 limpers $100 blinds. Flop brings 336 with 2 clubs. Early donk (Aka Dustin) bets $500, I call, guy folds then the BB goes all in and had me covered, I had about $3000 more so was paying $3000 to win about $5500, not exactly flush drawing odds hehe but I called anways. He ofcourse had the Krablar K3 and I never caught and was out early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home