g

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Frustration / Cancelled WSOP Circuit Trip

When you run bad it starts to get frustrating. I had 3 days in a row where I lost $360, $450, and $285 so over a $1000 downswing in less then half a week. It makes you really wonder how you ever won and if you even know how to play this game and can win ever again. I didnt update yesterday, but my bankroll was down to around $3200 at one point.

I woke up this morning and 4 tabled $5/$10 for about 400 hands and had a good winning session of $325. It felt good to win again, but sucks knowing I am still down over nearly $700 in the last 3 days. This is probably the hardest thing to do in poker, is to grind back winnings that you lost.

Its amazing how fast you can lose money through a couple of sessions or even series of bad hands, but its human nature to try to win it all back at once which is usually counter productive and leads to more losses. I even jumped up to $10/$20 for 20 minutes which I have preached on here a million times never jump to higher levels in an attempt to recoup losses, maintain discipline, etc etc. Luckily I didnt lose even more there before I smacked myself around and told myself to go back to the levels your bankroll can afford and play your regular game.

Also since I am down another $700 and the fact I am still a little sick I have decided not to go play in the $500 NLHE WSOP Circuit tourney event tomorrow in Tunica. That trip would take my BR below $3000 plus I just dont feel into it. My temperature is gone, but still kinda 'achy' so gonna save the BR and continue on towards my $5000 goal. $1400 more to go.

Current BR - $3620

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home