g

Thursday, August 11, 2005

WOW, is losing 36BB really $360?

Being a poker player I understand you cant think of playing poker as playing with money, but as playing with bets. Well as light hearted as it sounds to say I yea I had a 36BB losing session at $5/$10; REALITY CHECK - you just lost $360 and its not light hearted and sucks very bad!

Swings in this game are kind of intense. I 4 tabled $5/$10 for about 3 hours and was up about $150 in the first hour and then I went on about a 50bb downswing over the next 2 hours. Dejavu started setting in from my $1000 losing session last week so once I hit the - 35 bb mark I blinded out and called it time to end a session.

3 hands come to mind that were just ridiculous. 2 of them were flopped set over sets where I simply got destroyed. First one I had 99 flop 89T rainbow which I was raising like crazy to keep the straight draws paying, ashame other dude had TT. Second hand was the classic KK (me) vs AA (him), preflop capped betting, flop 7KA, #$@%@#$%. But my favorite hand was when I had AQ on the button and raised it up, BB protects his blind and calls, flop beautiful AQ3, he checks, I bet, he raises, I reraise, call. Turn J, he bets, I reraise, he reraises, I call (thinking if he has TK I'm gonna be pissed, couldnt really put him on a set here). River J, he bets, I call and he turns over J5 (wtf!!???). I had to take a 5 minute 'sit out' break after that one.

Last night was also the Negreanu Open. I busted out somewhere around 30th. I'll update the leaderboard sometime tonight.

I got a phone call from Chris (Daniel Negreanus business team guy) to talk about the future of the Negreanu Opens. We talked and brainstormed about some cool ideas and I hope to be able to announce some very exciting news to all the FCP'ers very soon, but for now things are still in 'talk mode'.

I went ahead and purchased Pokertracker with some of my PSO points since this software comes so highly recommended. Party poker couldnt send me any of my hand histories so I will just have to start with all my pokerstars hands and the last month or so of party poker and empire hands which should be a pretty good start. I am still waiting on the email with the registration code from PSO.

I also got one of my Pokerstars FPP books in the mail yesterday, the Chris Moneymaker book (Moneymaker : How an Amateur Poker Player Turned $40 into $2.5 Million at the World Series of Poker). It was pretty cool cause Chris autographed the inside, was funny how he signed "Chris Monemaker, WSOP 2003". I just finished the 2nd chapter of "The Professor, The Banker, and the Suicide King" last night. Its a really great read so far.

Current Br - $3828

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home