g

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Some $10 HU SnG's & Hand History Requests

For a change of pace I set down and played a series of 5 $10+$1 HU SnG's on Pokerstars. I won the first one, lost the second one, and won the final three. Net profit for the 5 games = $25 after the rake, what a jip!

Talk about polar opposite games. Going from playing a full 10 table ring $5/$10 limit game for the last few weeks into a HU NLHE match is a complete change of gears.

Here is the final hand of the last match I played which I thought was pretty cool. It was actually the best match of the 5, we were 26 minutes in when this hand came along where I flopped top pair, turn gave me trips, and the river filled up my boat, but also gave him nut straight he was looking for at the same time. I made a nice weak lead on a 'scary' board and he came over the top for his last few chips so I took it down ....

http://pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=102816

I have no idea what HU stars are supposed to look like, but here were the stats for my last tourney:

PokerStars Tournament #11117780, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$0.50
2 players
Total Prize Pool: $20.00
Tournament started - 2005/08/09 - 23:21:49 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2005/08/09 - 23:47:50 (ET)
1: dna4ever (FCP), $20.00 (100%)
2: H Rolla (franklin),

You finished in 1st place (eliminated at hand #2303828707).

79 hands played and saw flop:
- 26 times out of 39 while in small blind (66%)
- 28 times out of 40 while in big blind (70%)
- 0 times out of 0 in other positions (0%)
- a total of 54 times out of 79 (68%)

Pots won at showdown - 11 out of 21 (52%)
Pots won without showdown - 36


I also did a hand history request with pokerstars and partypoker curious to see if I could get a copy of all my 2005 hands, because I am considering buying pokertracker. Partypoker hasnt responded yet, but Pokerstars send me all my hands which included both tourney and ring games. I have 78,892 hands played at pokerstars alone! I would say I have at least half that or more at Party Poker and not counting the months I spent at Gamesgrid, and all the other sites and PSO sites I played at such as Poker Mountain, FullTilt, Ultimate Bet, Pacific, Noble, Absolute, Bodog, Poker Room, Poker Rewards, Paradise, the Gaming Club, etc. I would say I have probably seen over 200,000 hands this year.

It's my understanding that pokertracker needs at least 100,000 hands before you can establish any type of data reliability. I'll be curious if Party Poker can provide me hand histories, my hard drive only has like the last months worth.

Current Br - $4188

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Statistically speaking, you can tell a lot about your play with 10k hands in pokertracker. What you need 100k or more for is for the card distribution probabilities to equal their on-paper math equivalants (or approach them anyway).

That said, I'm shocked you don't have it already. Put down whatever you're doing now and buy it!

Jeff

6:00 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

"Put down whatever you're doing now and buy it!"

Hehe. I have enough PSO points to get it for free, I just havent done it yet.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poker tracker is really good for limit. not as good for NL, but still useful. i like poker office myself.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>and the river filled up my boat, but also gave him nut straight he was looking for at the same time.<<

Or he slowplayed the flopped nut straight & you sucked out at the river. :)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey and congrats on getting thru 4,000. You're kicking butt at 5/10. Great job!

6:50 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

"Or he slowplayed the flopped nut straight & you sucked out at the river. :) "

oh wow lol your right! i rock

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home