g

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

8th out of 1035 in $20+$2 MTT

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came SOOOOOOOOOO Close to making some real money last night. I entered the $20+$2 NLHE tournament on Poker Stars and ended up making it to the final table in 3rd chip position. There were 1035 entrants, Total Prize Pool: $20700.00

Two crucial hands that killed me. The first one the 2nd to short stacked raised from mid position 3x BB and I looked down and saw 99 on the button so I pushed him and amazinginly he called QUICKLY with AJo. In my opinion this was a terrible call as he had to figure he was dominated, or worst case a coin flip and he was going to put his entire tournament on the line. The board ends up double pairing and his Ace kicker plays. That put me down to 8th/9.

About 15 minutes later the short stack pushes whom I have covered by only a small margin and I find TT so I push as well. Another guy pushes then 2 calls, WTF! Turns out there were two AKs, 1 QQ, and 1 TT. I actualy made a diamond flush on the river, but one of the QQs was a diamond as well and I ended up busting out 8th for $467.10. First place was over $5000. Man I hate getting so close to the real money and losing like that.

Oh well, not going to complain about $445 bankroll boost.

Current BR - $2309

1 Comments:

Blogger dna4ever said...

thanks man, see you tonight fo sure

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home