g

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Played a good bit of poker

I think I am getting a little bit bored with poker, (WHAT!?!?) Did I say that?

Last night I played several hours and I just kept switching things up to try and keep my attention.

The evening started off TERRIBLE when I went down $140 playing 4 tables of $3/$6. I then headed to play a little NL action, sat at a $200 NL table which is probably a little outside my bankroll now I think about it. Either way I managed to win about $180 there.

There was one very key hand where I was dealth AdTs and limped on the button. We were playing 6 handed and there were 2 limpers in front of me and the BB had been reraising everytime I would raise his blinds so thats why I limped. 5 of us saw the flop which came down AcKdQd giiving me TPGK and gutshot straight draw. It went check, check, Bet $4, call $4, then I raised it 5X and made it $20 to go to see where I stood. It folded around to the original better who called the additional $16 and the turn was the 7d giving now giving me the nut flush draw. The original better checked to me and I bet out $30 (into a pot of $54) and the guy check raised me $30 more making it $60 to go. Now I was put to the test and I figured I was behind to a TJ or maybe a set, but most likey a turned flush. I did some quick math and realized I had to put in $30 more to win a pot of $144 so was getting pretty much even money on drawing to the nut flush. I called the $30 and the beautiful 7d came on the river giving me the nuts. I pushed my remaining stack putting the guy all in for his last $93 which he called showing Jd6d having the flush on the turn.

I then went and played a $10 MTT on Pokerstars where I proceeded to bust out in the first hour in true donkey fashion. I wont even go into the hand as it was so bad, but lets just say I couldnt let go of AQ.

I then went and played a $24+2 MTT on Fulltilt Poker which was a $10,000 guarantee. I thought there was going to be a good overlay, but it dried up by start time. About 30 minutes in I was up around $1000T (tourney chips) when I picked up KK on the button and raised it 4x. It had folded to me and the BB who had me covered pushed all in. It was a very quick all in so I was thinking Aces or steal, but convinced myself that it was a lower pair trying to take it right there and I would be a 4.2:1 favorite. I called and he flopped over AQ suited making me 2:1 favorite, but the AJx flopped and I never hit my K or runner straight and was out.

Next I headed to play 1 table of $5/$10 LHE which is definitely above my BR, but I decided I would play tight and at 1 table to focus. I ended up having a winning session of about $65 there after an hours play.

Very late I decided to head to the $50 NL table and 3rd hand at the table I picked up AA and raised it 6x with 1 caller. Flop came down 47J rainbow, I bet the pot and the guy calls. The turn comes down a 3 and I check (intending to check raise, but thinking back I should have went ahead and bet big as the board now had straight and flush draws out there). The guy actually bet into me about 1/4th the pot and it felt weak so I pushed him for his remaining chips and he called instantly turning over 33, DOH! How does he call a pot bet with 33 after that flop I'll never know, but I took it as a sign to goto bed as I would have probably donked off more money on tilt or trying to make back that $50.

All and all I played a lot of poker and finished the day up $18.

Current BR - $1879

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heh I hate those days where you play a ton and end up like +$5 or something... but then I think back and realize how much better those days are then the days where you start off +$150ish and are about to leave but decide to stay for a few more rounds and end up losing the entire profit and ending up down money...

Have I mentioned that that's the kind of slump I'm in right now? First 10 minutes I'm up $150-200, next 20 minutes all the sudden I'm down $100 and never get it back. Love those days!

12:16 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

lol yea im pretty much sure i hate this game, but i kinda like it, no hate it, like it, ahhhhhh

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home