g

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lots of Poker Stuff

The poker night started off with the Negreanu Open where I finished a lovely 114th out of 126. The way I went out was pretty rough, I called a 3x preflop raise with AQ of hearts and flop comes down 24Q rainbow with 2 way action. I check, original raiser 4x bets to me, I raise it to 9x, and he comes back over the top hard making it 27x to go. I figure I'm priced in now and am prepared to lose to a set or KK or AA and push my remaining chips. It takes quite a long time for him to make the call which made me feel better and better about my TPTK and I am happy to see him call and flop over JsJh, but my elation doesnt last long when the turn brings one of his 2 outs (the J of clubs) and I am out early. BAH! TERRIBLE CALL CELTIC!

http://pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=126569

Then I head and play about 100 hands on Titan poker where I proceed to get destroyed at the $2/$4 table, losing $95. On two different hands I flopped trips with K kicker and the other person had the A kicker, same guy both times. Once I had JK and another time I had QK flopes come JJ4 and QQ9 and he had JA and QA each time, what ya gonna do?

I then proceeded to play some $100 PL Omaha Hi/Lo on Empire. I lost $100 there pretty quick after I flopped a set and 1 from the 2nd nut low and a guy proeeded to runner runner Aces on the turn and river to hit a full house and neither of us hit our low, brutal.

I got up from PL Omaha and set at the $2/$4 limit Stud H/L table. I played for about 2 hours and managed to win $95 there. All and all I played quite a bit of poker, but ended down $111 for the day.

Actually, I just checked my email and it looks like I earned $10 towards my $500 Titan Poker deposit bonus last night so make that a $101 days loss. I have 1365 Titan Points and again need 3500 to complete the PSO bonus and the deposit bonus releases $10 for every 1000 points.

A couple of thank yous I need to give. First is to dabluebery who is a FCP member. He designed a new excel formula sheet that will save me a good amount of time computing the Negreanu Open leaderboard each week so thank you! Also thanks to Chao for sending me some information about propping, very interesting and I may take that up in the near future.

I will try to get the Negreanu Open leaderboard website updated tonight with the tournament results from yesterdays tournament.

Current BR - $2218

9 Comments:

Blogger GoHogs21 said...

What is propping?

8:09 AM  
Blogger GoHogs21 said...

Dna, i was just goin to let you know, but no rushing you, b/c you might just not be done yet....but it says i have only won $15.12 on the open leaderboard, and it should be the $15.12 form this week and the $14,88 from last week...later

10:37 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

hogs - fixed it

A prop is a poker player who is paid by the house to play poker, but uses his/her own money to play with. Any losses you incur while playing come out of your own pocket, and of course you are entitled to all your wins. Sites use props to provide games for their regular customers, and to start new games as the need arises. Props are also used to keep shorthanded games fuller, as many customers prefer a full ring game to a shorthanded one.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

couldn't have said it better myself :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

no problem dsm, I'll send you an email in a few min

1:17 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

want me to just open up a chat room so you all can talk in private?

lol no worries dsm

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you can do that!?!? :)

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't normally read many blogs, but since FCP is down I was bored and came to check this out.

Good times DNA, like it.

Oh ya, not tying to rush you but it says I have only won $624.00 on the open leaderboard and...

wait, wait, that's right, nevermind.

7:06 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

lol spade u bizitch, why don you go play some 2 outters on someone

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home