g

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Most Bizarre Lunch Ever

This is completely non poker related ....

Today at work I had to do some customer audits and end up driving a total of like 185 miles. I got lost in Waverly, Tennessee which is a city about the size of a tic tac. Ended up pulling a "U-E" and look up to find Loretta Lynn's Ranch and Cabin. Cool I guess.

I finish my 2 location audits and head back to find a place to eat.

I find this little hole in the wall Mexicana place in a city called White Bluff, TN; aka BFE.

So listen to this. We (me and 2 clients) walk in and this Mexican guy (imagine that) greets us, we are the only people in the restaurant and its like 12:15 PM (Prime Lunch Time). I'm imediately thinking this can't be good, the place has to suck or something.

So the guy who greets us takes us to 1 of the 6 tables in the entire restaurant. Somebody had obviously been there as there were still cups on the table. The other 5 tables were completely clean, but he chose to seat us at the only table in the restaurant that needed to be bus'd.

So the greeter puts on an apron (im not making this stuff up) and busses the table for us. Then this greeter/bussboy comes back like 3 minutes later with an order pad and says "What can I get you?" Hmmm, greeter/bussboy/waiter. Nice.

So after breaking through the English/Spanish language barrier I finally got my taco with meat and cheese along with a plate of refried beans and rice ordered.

The 'waiter' disappears and comes back in like 75 seconds with our food. I swear to God it was like one of those joke scenes in Tommy Boy where David Spades walks into the airplane bathroom in his flight attendant suit and the door opens up 2 seconds later and he is changed in his suit. I'm serious the guy couldnt have been gone 2 minutes and we had our hot steaming meals (actually prepared correctly) immediatley. Was really spooky.

So after 20 minutes of eating we were still the only people in this resaturant and the same guy brings me the check and says and I quote (again I'm not making this up I swear to you) "take this and pay up front".

So I take the check and go up front to the cash register and no one is there. The greeter/busboy/waiter walks right up behind me and takes the check from me and says "so how was everything today?" He then proceeds to check me out and adds cashier to his list of duties.

That entire experience could rank up with one of the more bizarre hours of my life. I couldnt help but laugh as we were walking out of the restaurant and a Japanese couple was walking in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

he was probably the cook too!

It would suck to be him if the place got busy one day

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic. Great story.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home