g

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

$10 MTT and $20 SnG - 2 and 3 outtered

So I'm plugging along in last nights $10 MTT that had 1921 entrants. Its about 2 hours in and I get moved to a table with fellow FCP'er Spademan. We are down to about 320 people out of the starting 1900+ and the money starts at 180. Lots of FCPers are railbirding the table and everyones all friendly, "Tee hee, weeeeeee, laalallaalal" then like the 2nd hand I am at this table (Spademan is the table chip leader and I am in his big blind). It folds all the way around to spademan who is on the button and attempts his bully maneuver and raises my BB 4x to 1600 (Blinds were $200/$400). Well I wake up with QQ and push in the last of my $5160 in chips and am all-in. Spade calls instantly and has a respectble TT and his a 4:1 dog. Flop comes 9A6, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Turn another A, weeeeeeeeeeee. Double up time baby! What the hell is this? A Ten on the river? BAH and I am 2 outtered in 314th place.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=120127

So then my friend Joenin and I decide to play a $20 SnG. The last 2tournaments we have played together we have both made the final 3 and he won both while I finished 2nd and 3rd. Well this tournament was no exception, we hit the money and were down to the final 3. Joenin was the table chipleder by an overwhelming amount and was taking blinds left and right. This hand I pick up A7s in the SB and Joenin button raises 2x which is more then half my stack so I push my remaining 800 or so chips and am after his call am delighted I am way ahead A7s versus his A2o. The flop comes perfect for my hand 8s5s6h giving me an open ended straight draw, the nut flush draw, and still A7 high, like 86% favorite. The turn brings another 6 so now I'm only 70% favorite cause a high card will bring a chopped pot. The river doesnt dissappoint me and brings the dang 2 of hearts! 3 outtered and out in 3rd!

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=120406

BAH DIE RIVERSTARS!

In other news I started reading Chris Moneymakers new book, 2 chapters in.

After my $11 MTT loss and $14 NET for the SnG I made $3 last night for about 3 hours work, hey guess its better then losing $3 ?

Current BR - $1686

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home