g

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A night of $200 NL

First I played a $20 MTT and busted out 242nd out of 857

PokerStars Tournament #13822567, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $20.00/$2.00
857 players

You finished in 242nd place

104 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 11 while in small blind (18%)
- 6 times out of 11 while in big blind (54%)
- 16 times out of 82 in other positions (19%)
- a total of 24 times out of 104 (23%)

Pots won at showdown - 2 out of 7 (28%)
Pots won without showdown - 15



Then I played a good several hundred hands of $200 NL. I found myself down about $200 pretty quick when I flopped a set and then a 3rd flush card hit the river and I called off a big bet where the guy hit his flush.

There was this one guy that was at our table that kept thinking he was a pro and criticizing the way people were playing, etc. I let it slide for the first hour or so, but he ended up losing about all his money, rebought 2 times so I was thinking this is great I'll let him just keep talking and give away his money, but he just kept on and on and on talking shit.

After a couple of hours I had a decent amount of alcohol in me so I began talking trash back to him. I really wish I could find all the stuff cause I'm sure theres some more funny stuff, but heres some things I could find ...

Dealer: ZooKa has a straight, Ace to Five
Dealer: IGOT3KIND has a straight, Deuce to Six
Dealer: Game #2838515428: IGOT3KIND wins pot ($192.60) with a straight, Deuce to Six
dna4ever: owned
dna4ever: zooka if your done with that seat could u let someone who has some money sit down please
dna4ever: thanks
ZooKa: dna S.T.F.U
Dealer: Game #2838553545: dna4ever wins pot ($8)
ZooKa: dna seriously tho your can S,T.F.U for the rest of your life ...thxs
dna4ever: zooka, i see youve made it to page 4 of 'insults my 4 year old can tell'
ZooKa: oh i see you made that page too just ahead of me
dna4ever: oooh page 5 of the witty comebacks book too, you sure been reading alot
dna4ever: let me know when you get to the chapter on mom jokes

then right before he left after he lost another buyin ......

ZooKa: dna i still think your a major B*tch tho
dna4ever: hey zooka gl with that poker thing man
ZooKa: and if i ever sat at a live table wiith you id slap your face off
ZooKa: cuz i slap bi*ches
dna4ever: slap as in what a girl would do?
dna4ever: or man up and put a fist to it
ZooKa: like a said i slap bi*ches
dna4ever: man theres nothing wrong with being gay

lol good times!


Here is todays what would you do question ....

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dna4ever [Tc Th]
baly blue: folds
-PettyAces-: folds
GoGoDick: checks
gotta_luv_me: calls $2
Virtucon: calls $2
milkyway: folds
Neil - 182: folds
IGOT3KIND: calls $1
dna4ever: raises $6 to $8
GoGoDick: calls $6
gotta_luv_me: calls $6
Virtucon: calls $6
IGOT3KIND: calls $6
*** FLOP *** [4s 9h 6c]
IGOT3KIND: checks
dna4ever: bets $30
GoGoDick: calls $30
gotta_luv_me: folds
Virtucon: raises $160 to $190 and is all-in

call or fold? you $200 left and can cover the all in bet. Its possible this guy has a set, but I really felt like I still had the best hand and this guy was on 9x or 9A, possibly even 78 since he limp called. I ended up folding the hand so never found out what he had.


Even though I was down $200 from the get go and played that $20+$2 MTT I grinded my way back to +$9 for the day so I'll definitely take it!

Current BR - $2109

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would probably have to lay it down, not only could he have a set, but what if he has an over pair? JJ, QQ are more likely than KK, AA.. but it's not unheard of for someone to limp call looking to trap you with something like a pair of 10's.


Risky move on his part if thats what it is, but still, there are about 4-5 likely holdings and 2-3 possible that have to beat.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you guys are also missing the fact (or at least not stating) that theres still someone in the hand that hasn't acted on the raise yet, that makes it a much easier laydown. He could have smooth called the $30 bet with a monster trying to get the other guy to stay.

Have to lay that one down

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple, simple laydown. Also, you should not be playing 200nl with just 10 buyins. Drop to 100nl.

2:14 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

great feedback and comments.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home