g

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Poker Stars

I deposited $600 on pokerstars last night to maximize their 25% reload bonus up to $150 free. It releases when you reach 5x your bonus amount in fpps so I need to clear 750 fpps in order to release my 150. I played some $3/$6 for about an hour and found myself down about $45 so I one tabled the $5/$10 table for about 45 minutes and did one of the dumbest things I have ever done EVER at a limit table. I had been playing pretty good I was down about $62 when I got AQ in the SB and it folded to me, I ofcourse raised and the BB defended.

Flop came down AT3, I bet and the BB raised me so I just flat called planning to check raise the turn. The turn came the J and heres where it got stupid. It must have been the beers I was drinking, but I could have swore that J gave me the nut straight so I checked, he bet, I raises, he reraised, I capped. The river gave a meaninlgess 6 so once again I bet, he reraises, (by this time I'm thinking he has the AQ for the straight too lol), I reraise expecting him to cap and us to split. He does cap yet he turns over TT for a set and I remember thinking WOOOHOOO! $200+ pot all mine and then Stars raked that pot to him and I realized what an idiot I was and all I really had was Ace high. The more I think about it that guy didnt play it that great either as there were many hands I could have had capping with that actually would have beat his hand, but being it was blind against blind he must have thought I was bullshittin, which apparently I kinda was. DOH!

So I left the limit takes down about $320 before all was said and done so I ended up hitting up some NL tables for a little bit and I also regged for the stars $20+$2 NLHE MTT. There were 828 entrants and top 81 paid, I finished 149th.

While I continued to grind at the NL table I also played a $10 SnG NLHE and went out 9th place when I flopped top pair and some guy called m pot sized reraise on the flop and hit his gutshot straight on the turn, $@%@#$%.

I ended up grinding back about $165 at the no limit tables making last nights loss a mere $188 which should have been at least $100 less if wasnt for that one stupid hand. I think that is really the first time in all the thousands of hands I have played that I have ever really misread a hand that bad.

Current BR - $1977

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well yeah, that sucks alright. I did the same thing once but the guy actually folded the river. It was only after I put in that last bet I realized I didn't have it :)

But to really put things in perspective, I recently folded a wheel (that I didn't notice I had) in a 20 BB pot that I would have split for 1 BB on the river. Oh man, I still can't believe my keyboard survived.

You are not alone.

Jeff

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home