g

Friday, October 14, 2005

The morning after

Man the morning after you have a bad losing section always sucks.

I thought I saved the whole hand history of that hand last night on the pokerhands website, but I guess I didnt so will post the whole thing tonight, but basically I was at a $200 NL table and had doubled up so was sitting around $410 in money when I picked up AA and raised 4x, 1 caller, flop something garbage with a Q, I bet pot, reraised pot, thinking possible flopped set (no straight or flush board out), I called. Turn was a J so I bet half the post, other guy pushes, I call, I turn over Aces, he turns over 3s, river is a 3. Bye bye $410.

I also played in the Fulltilt FCP tourney and finished 8th or 9th, but only top 3 paid. I tilted a little bit and decided I was going to lose another $200 and stab the $10/$20 limit games. (Yes I am awaiting the BR flames). It seriously just wasnt meant to be for me last night. I do have my Pokerstars hand histories available and check this one hand (critiques are welcomed) ..

Basically it was like my 3rd hand at this table so no one could have any type of read on me, I pick up QKc, there is 2 limpers, I raise it up from mid position everyone folds and the 2 limpers call. Flop QKA rainbow (flopped 2 pair). I bet, call call. Turn J, really didnt want to see that card, early position bets to me, I raise to see where I am at, call, call (ugh). river 8, early bets, I smooth call, other limper raises (now I know I'm screwed), other guy calls, now I'm looking at a $20 call into $345 pot and I have 2 pair so I call and they turn over T3 and T6! both of them called my preflop raises with T-rag and called my flop bets on gutshot Jacks and both hit! They split the pot and I find myself down another $120 or so.

Thats when I quit and went to bed kicking and screaming. Sigh.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=147128

Hope my rakeback comes today and is a decent amount

Current BR - $1601

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dna, I'm NOT critizing your play here, but I have a couple of questions on it.

If you put the guy on a possible set on the flop, why call off all your money on the turn? If you're willing to play that AA for all your cash, it seems prudent to either push or fold the flop rather than call it off on the turn.

Is there something scary on the board on the flop or were you waiting for a safe turn?

This game is so much easier with results, and I'm probably being results oriented here.

Jeff

9:36 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

u make very valid points, the other thing i didnt mention is this was 6 handed so starting hand requirements dont need to be as strong.

AA is my achilles in NL. I can think of 3 or 4 different ways to play this hand and most of them involve me going broke.

I need to stick to limit

10:19 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

daddypoker,

thanks for the feedback, you are 100% right.

alcohol will ultimately be my poker demise im pretty sure

i keep BR managemetn 95% of the time, but i occasionally do take stabs.

I know its wrong, i would tell anyone who asked me for advice not to ever do it.

With that being said, sometimes I still do so I deserve whatever comes.

Peace

dna

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as long as you realize your antics will cost you the rest of your money, you should stop playing poker and buy one of your children an instrument.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home