g

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Took a shot and missed

Well here comes another embarrassing yet must be written for accountability sakes blog.

I took a shot and missed, simple as that. I decided to take $500 and 'invest' into some higher stakes and it came down to as simple as two 2 outters that just destroyed me.

Was playing $15/$30 (cant wait for mr anonymous to comment on this one) and picked up AA on the button and popped it up 1 caller, flop T8K rainbow, I bet, caller reraises, I 3 bet, he caps, hmmm, set?

Turn comes an 8 pairing the board so I slow down, check, he bets, I call.

River comes Kd and my stomach drops as I check, he bets, I call and he turns over 6K for the $330 pot, you got to be shitting me.

http://pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=154284

The other hand was just as bad. I have KK in late and its raises 1 in front of me so I 3 bet and 1 caller behind me. Flop 234. I bet, late behind me calls, original raiser raises, I call, late calls. Turn is a 7 so I check, late checks, OR Bets and I check Raise, late calls, and OR calls. River brings a T, no flush possibilities I felt this was a great card unless I was up against AA, I bet, OR raises, I call, Mother hacker turns over TT and hit the set on the river for a $567 pot!

http://pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=154302

Its amazing that on 2 hands I was 2 outtered for $900 total. I guess sometimes the deck likes to run cold and smack you in the face once in awhile, but dang does that ever suck.

I quit right then finding myself down another $380 and am determined to play within bankroll now.

Current BR - $1258 (sigh)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is that you continue to insist on playing over your bankroll? Before this latest night of playing, your bankroll wasn't even sufficient for 3/6, let alone 15/30. You seem to be very self-destructive as a poker player. Are you an action junkie?

Drop back to 1/2 or 2/4. Study and work on your skills. Clear bonuses and get rakeback to build your bankroll slowly.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

donkey :)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good advice from gohogs21. I'd be sure to listen to a 21 year old that still goes out and toilet papers houses around Halloween.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're down so much from your high DNA. That truly stinks but you're not dead or broke. Take a break and come back when you feel like you can grind your best at 2/4 for a few weeks. Or don't. It's your money. :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

lol dang you guys have been going at it, so how about my 2 cents .....

first i sincerely thank you for the comments, positive and negative.

I know 100% what proper bankroll management is and yes I know I have not followed it, but that was my choice.

Bad beats happen, yes they suck extremely when you are playing so far out of your bankroll that 2 of them can wipe 25% of your stack, but thats a choice I willingly made.

Everything I am playing with is for 'fun' and purely profit. I deposited the $50 in January and have never inserted another dime.

This bankroll is purely for 'fun' and i dont even see it as being real money as I have zero dependancy on it.

All that being said I really want to hit my $5000 goal and theres no way I will if I continue such practices.

Somtimes the grind gets to me and I do stupid things. There is no question that I would never have the discipline to become a professional poker player, I have never once had that aspiration.

I find it amazing that I have had 19,000+ hits on this blog in the past 4 or 5 months and so many people are following this 'challenge'.

I write what I feel and what I really do. Sometimes its VERY hard to write out the truth as I know its donkeyish or stupid or wrong or whatever. It would be very easy for me to lie and say I lost "X" dollars playing within my bankroll or I really won when I didnt or make up fake hands or whatever.

The whole point of this blog is to be my personal accountability partner that maybe one day I can look back and read about my journey.

If many of you all happen to read this and find enjoyment from it then that is simply a side benefit for me.

So again thanks for the comments, keep em coming. I will never delete a comment because I believe people have the right to comment whatever they want (within reason ;P)

I will probably take it slow for a bit and head back to the $2/$4 tables along with some $10 and $20 MTTs and 'grind it out'

Peace,

dna4ever

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know 100% what proper bankroll management is ...."


Ok, but do you understand it?

1:34 AM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

lol anonymous u are an ass bag i do beleive. I understand bankroll management and its intent to prevent one from going broke due to a negative variance downswing.

i am not a poker pro whose life falls apart if i lose my bankroll.

i fully understand br management, its purpose, and yes it should be followed, but all that being said i do take above br shots sometimes so deal with it.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home