g

Friday, September 22, 2006

Live Tourney and Nice Cash Game

Last night I played in a $100 buyin tournament. I feel like its the best I have played in a live tournament yet, but came up short finished 6th which was 3 out of the money.

A couple hands early on I made some really tough calls to give me some big chips. This is a deepstack tourney with slow blinds so you can splash around a little more the first hour or two then you could in a normal tourney.

About 30 minutes in I had 52 of hearts in the BB and decided to call a 3x raise cause it was HU. Flop comes A3K with 1 heart. Original raiser does standard 1/2 pot continuation bet which I speculate and see. Turn brings the King of hearts. He then checks and I check behind. The river brings the 4 of hearts giving me a small straight of very small flush. Out of nowhere the guy goes all in for like 2500 chips which is over twice the pot size. It was a very strange bet that put me into the tank. I deduced he had a strong ace or most likely trip kings and he wanted me to stab at the pot on the turn. I just had to hope he wasnt full or had a higher flush and my thinking was if he was full or had a higher flush he wouldnt have pushed so I called. He indeed had 3 kings and I took it down.

A few hands later I picked up QK soooooooted and saw a 3 way flop that was raised. Flop comes AJ5 with 2 hearts and original raises bets 3/4s pot, I call, and mr quiet doubles the bet; we both call. The turn brings the T giving me the nuts. Original raiser checks, I check, mr. flop raiser checks behind, WTF. The river brings the 3rd heart, a 7. Now the original raiser goes all in for like 2000 chips. WTF is going on here. Flush draw? I had about 8000 in chips and made the call and she mucked her hand saying she had top 2.

I felt I played really good until we got in a key pot. I had KJ offsuit (Fillmaff) and raised it from mid position, blinds 400/800 I made it $2000. A very good player calls and then the lady in the Big Blind calls. Flop comes 3K9. The Big blind pushes her for her last 1500 chips, I call, then the 'very good player' squeezes me going all in for about $4000 more. I had about 15K in chips and made the call. She had A4 a total bluff, he had QK and I never improved and took a hit.

About 15 minutes later I get big slick and make it $2000 with the same 400/800 blinds and 'very good player' pushes in for about 6000 more. I have about 12000 in front of me and make the call. He shows AK as well, but of spades. 2 spades come on the flop, another on the turn and he takes down the pot, GRRRRR.

It gets down to 6 handed and there is a very loose player that is now the chipleader who won a huge pot by making a button steal with 47 of spades, but got called by the big blind with QK, 4 came on the flop and he was off and runnning. I am back up to about 12K in chips and raise my JJ up to 4000 with 500/1000 blinds. The loose player was in the big blind and defended HU. Flop comes 38Q. He gives me the greenlight and I bet 4000 leaving me only 4000 left saying I'm committed. He says put the rest in and turns over Q6, ugh and I'm out.

After the tourney 5 people decided to play a short handed limit cash game. $10/$20 with 30 minute levels of Limit Hold'Em, Omaha Hi/Lo, and A-5 Triple Draw. I won 2 very nice A-5 hands where I made a 75 low and got action from a 76 low. We played for about 3 hours til around 1 AM and I left the session up nearly 44BB, +$875. Was a great great session. After I took out my $100 tourney loss and tips I left the night up about $750. I dont put my 'live bankroll' in my stats here, but it felt good to have a nice win again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home