g

Monday, August 15, 2005

New 1600 x 1200 Monitor

OK I splurged, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally bought me a Brand New LCD 21" 1600 x 1200 monitor so I could 4 table my poker games without having any overlap!

OK so that was the dream world version, now for reality ...

I finally bought me a USED 17" CRT Dell M781p monitor that supports 1600 x 1200 resolution. I got it for the bargain price of $15! I found it on ebay and the guy happened to be in this area so I arranged the pick up today and have it all hooked up and its working great!

It's realllllly awesome to be able to 4 table with no overlap.

I started the day off good by playing in a Pokerstars $10 MTT with close to 1800 people in it. First hand I am dealt big slick offsuit and its raised 5X to me. Normally I would reraise here, but its the first hand of a long MTT, I had no read on the table, and didnt want some idiot pushing me back all in for a coin flip or some bullcrap the first hand of the tourney.

I call and the flop comes a beautiful TJQ rainbow. The song "On Broadway" starts going off in my head (poor attempt at vince van patton humor) and I start thinking about how I am going to extract the most money from this situation. I throw out a weak lead betting a little less then half the pot. To my surprise the dude really was a maniac and came over the top all in! I was like WOOOO HOOO and happily call and show my flopped nuts. He turns over a really nice hand as well, QQ for top set. The turn wasted no time and brought a T giving him the fullhouse. So I lasted about 30 seconds and was the 2nd person knocked out of the tourney!!!!!!

I remember so many times playing in these tournies and looking down 3 minutes later and theres like 60 people already out somehow and I would always say, who the hell are these losers and how in the hell can 60 people be out in 3 minutes. Well now I know because I am officially one of those losers!

I then proceeded to test out my monitors new 1600 x 1200 power and popped open 4 $5/$10 tables on Empire. The tables looked so beautiful all lined up in a perfect set of squares. I played for about 2 and 1/2 hours and racked up a winning session of $210.

Current BR - $3860

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a steal for $15 but maybe you should use the $200 you just made for a 21" LCD? heh heh. Just an idea =) Money is money but a monitor is not a monitor. That made no sense but you know what I mean.

Keep up the good work.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home