g

Friday, August 19, 2005

OK So Maybe Not Hypothetical

(Read post before this one first if you just got here)

OK this is gonna sound completely gay, but sorry to disappoint anyone of you that read this and are expecting me to follow my own advice. Last night was the craziest thing I have ever done ever. I literally was willing to lose my whole bankroll in one drunken blaze of glory, I really was. I have worked over 8 months to build my roll to where it is and I think if the cards kept going bad I would have went bust last night.

I really was down nearly $1500 last night and I really did keep jumping levels. At one point I had my lentire bankroll, my last $2000, sitting at a $20/$40 (50bb). I got really lucky that I didnt go broke and I played tight, aggresive, and actually pretty good for having just drank a 12 pack of bud light within a 6 hour period.

I did have the biggest limit pot of my life, over $800 .......

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=109239

I had never played a $100 SnG before last night, I had never played $400 NL before last night. DAMN alcohol is the devil I tell ya!

LOL I have no idea what to say at this point. I have read every poker book and given advice to many people about bankroll management, playing above your roll, how not to chase money, set loss limits, never play drunk, etc etc. Sorry, dont know what else to say. I did everything wrong and basically got lucky as shit and was able to turn my $1500 loss into a $160 loss.

I think I may be done with shorthanded for awhile, I just need to get back to basic poker and get back to focusing on my goal to $5000. I do know one thing, all this shorthanded play and high limit stuff should bring me some decent rakeback from Jayson Weber, around 28% back so that will be nice when that happens.

I slept 3 hours and got up and was in a business meeting an hour later, what a life!

Current BR - $3360

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean just wow. Congrats for surviving your crazy drunkfest. I would venture that most aren't so lucky. Thanks for keeping it real too. Not everybody would.

Now go back to playing right :)

(this from a guy playing .5/1 6 max on a 3k roll lol)

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what was going thru your mind in the $800 pot? Did it sober/wake you up or what? lol. Amazing & congrats on that monster.

1:12 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

"And what was going thru your mind in the $800 pot? Did it sober/wake you up or what? lol. Amazing & congrats on that monster. "

Nothing goes through your mind after 12 beers when you have AA. I just kept my mouse hovered over the area of my screen where the raise button was located and every time it appeared I would click it. You ever play that game at the arcade where the mole pops up and you whack it in the head with a hammer? Very similiar concept. The flop, turn, river, or bets from the other players were irrelevant. "ooooh theres that raise button again", WHACK! It was only after the fact that I realized I had invested $320 into one hand and I just drug a $807 pot.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cut of your gib, son.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home