g

Friday, December 09, 2005

A Fun SnG on the new fullcontactpoker.com

Last night I had a conference call then took my son to his weekly Thursday night Cub Scout meeting, then watched Survivor that I had taped, man its a great one this year! I havent missed one episode of any season of Survior ever, its like the only show I really watch. This Sunday is the last episode, I am pulling for Rafe and my wife is pulling for Jerri.

After that I logged onto the new fullcontactpoker.com and saw a lot of my FCP friends chatting in the lobby so I created a little $5 SnG and we all played right there on the spot, about 10 of us I think. I remember some FCPHA people being there like myself, missidaho, fryer, whiskey, renae, theresa, jeff and a few other FCP people as well. I ended up winning 1st good for $25 ($20 profit). I had to get lucky one time when it was down to 3 I called a preflop raise with 7s8s and board came down 57T with 1 spade and I got all my money in and was against fryers QQ, but an 8 came off the turn and the river blanked.

I had a HUGE chip lead going into HU against theresa113 like at least 10:1 and she battled and battled and played VERY well and tied it up and even took back the chip lead at one point, but I managed to take it down when we got all in preflop with AK vs her 7K and my hand held up.

I have been noticing that the last month or so I havent really played any 'REAL' poker as in setting down and trying to crank out money and I am OK with that. I have just been having a lot of fun and trying not to burn out.

Current BR - $1565

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey DNA, I've been meaning to get back into FCP happenings lately, but haven't had time or haven't known when things are happening. I used to play every FCP trny on stars and participate in all the FCP stuff... but not so much lately lol.

Send me an IM on yahoo (ptp_chaoplayaz) or AIM (chao playaz) next time your getting a SNG or private cash game together and I'm in.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Whatever said...

Hey DNA I know what you mean about burnout. I've been playing almost daily since April and back in September I took 6 weeks off where I didn't play 1 hand. It was nothing planned at all it just happened. It was weird when looking back over my excel spreadsheet for my blog I couldn't believe I didn't play for that long.

Don't be afraid to step away from it completely for a week or two. You might be surprised at how your passion for it will come back after a long break.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home