g

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Day 2 - No Poker (ok almost no poker) /Negreanu Open Updates

I successfully made it through another day without any poker except for the Negreanu Open. I updated the leaderboard as well (link always on right). Yesterday I had another phone call with Daniel Negreanus business team guy Chris and we finalized the plans for the rest of the year regarding the Negreanu Opens.

Next Wednesday will be the last tourny for this leaderboard period. The top 9 points leaders after next weeks tournies will get a free Daniel Negreanu (fullcontactpoker.com) autographed T-Shirt and Hat.

I will start a new leaderboard after next weeks tourny and the stats will be reset. We upped the prizes for the next leaderboard though. The top 9 points leaders after all the tourneys from Sept 1 - December 31 will get their choice of an autographed Daniel Negreanu Chipset:



or a copy of stacked with Daniel Negreanu:



or an autographed Daniel Negreanu Hockey Jersey:



Then we will take the top 9 points leaders from the current leaderboard and the top 9 points leaders from the next leaderboard and hold a tournament of champions. The winner of that tournament will be crowned the 2005 FCP Negreanu Open Champion and will also receive an awesome pair of Oakley Thumps (amazing Oakley sunglasses with built in mp3 playing ear pieces.






OK thats about it. I guess I can share my other non poker adventure today .....

OK so I goto the vending machine to get my standard 10:45 AM snack, a large Oatmeal Creme pie. Its like clockwork, a daily ritual if you will. Insert $0.60, punch in C then 6, and bam I have a yummy oatmeal creme pie to eat.

Well this time everything is going to plan, the $0.60 cents goes in, (and before you start jumping ahead this is NOT one of those stories where the creme pie gets stuck hanging by its corner and you have to beat the living hell out of the vending machine in order to get it to fall).

So where was I, oh yea

The $0.60 goes in, I punch the C and right when I go to punch the 6 my finger slips and I accidentally punch the 7. I'm thinking holy mother of God not C7, anything but the damned package of black licoriche that makes your shit turn green when you have a bowel movement.

But whats this???? The licoriche is all gone!? So there I am, stuck watching the little empty slinky coil rotate aimlessly to its next position leaving me with no oatmeal creme pie, no turn your poop green licoriche, NADA!

Geeesh, can I really make it til next Monday without playing poker?

2 Comments:

Blogger GoHogs21 said...

Good luck man on staying poker-free, to me its like crack is to an addict...i tried to take a week break one time after a bad run and made it through one solid night

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel DNA... I'm not sure how much you read my blog but I've been without poker for over a week now, because the internet in the apartment that I just moved into is so crappy that I can't even act before time expiring... no propping for awhile :(

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home