g

Friday, November 04, 2005

Life Outside of Poker / Junior Achievement

The last few days I havent really played any poker.

Wednesday night I played in the Negreanu Opeon and finished 46/126 when my JT got beat by JQ on a J high board.

Thursday night I took my son to his regular cub scouts meeting and then watched Survivor with the family, love that show! I hate that Jamie guy!

I got in 1 $10 NLHE SnG on Partypoker last night and finished 2nd good for $30 ($19 profit).

One of the community projects I like to do every year is teach part time for an organization called Junior Achievement (J.A.) which is a pretty cool not for profit organzation that services young people through its partnership with the businesses and education communities. Its purpose is to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise, business, and economics to improve the quality of their lives.

I have been involed with J.A. since 1995 and even had the fortune to goto the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 as a JA representative.

I start my first class today in a course called The Economics of Staying in School. It is a 6 week course that is taught in 6 one hour classes and will be finished by Christmas. The year I drew a class of 25 6th graders in the ghetto of Nashville, wonderful! As long as I dont get called 'Cracka!' more then once I think I will make it through it, but its always nerve racking meeting so many students for the first time.

Current BR - $1444

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nashville has a ghetto? that sounds weird lol

My brother used to live in Nashville and I have a lot of family in Bristol so I've been to Nashville quite a few times, never noticed a ghetto (probably just wasn't paying any attention lol)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home