g

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I guess I really do just suck or something

Well I made it til Saturday night before I started playing a little cards again. I did like I said I was gonna do and dropped down to $3/$6, but I just cant win. First of all I had my math wrong on my bankroll, I didnt have $2310, I had $2110. I played about 600 hands of $3/$6 and managed to lose another $435. There is an obvious leak in my game somewhere or I am playing frustrated and dont realize it.

So my bankroll hovers at $1675 and was at $4200 just a short 2 or 3 weeks ago. Technically I am not even at $3/$6 level anymore and should drop down to $2/$4 if I want to keep proper bankroll management rules.

I got about 150 more hands and I'll clear the $100 empire reload bonus and hopefully my rakeback will be coming at the end of the month. I should be getting a few hundred from that I believe according to my rake stats in Poker Tracker.

Here are my two favorite bad beat hands that I thought I would share this time ...

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=114855

This could rank up there with my favorite of all bad beats just because this guy capped the betting preflop with a pretty shitty hand against my AA, TOTALLY missed the flop, and proceeded to runner runner his 2 pair.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=114832

In other news I had lunch with a fellow FCP'er on Friday at th Cracker Barrell and we got a chance to talk some poker and stuff which was pretty cool, thanks again for lunch Jeff.

I finished reading my Professor, Banker, Suicide King book and it was very awesome, I highly recommend it. I am either gonna start The Poker MBA or Chris Moneymakers book now, not sure.

As far as the poker thing goes I have no confidence right now so not sure how I am going to proceed on that front.

Current BR - $1675

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My last two sessions were crap, too. Feeling your pain... in fact, it's strange I've been walking around all afternoon with your EXACT subject going off in my head.


The positive side of variance has got to be close... we'll hang in there.

Sysvr4

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I have times where it feels like you can't do anything right I switch games for a little while. Start playing some omaha or omaha8. I love O8 so much since I started playing. Pick up SS2 it has a good O8 section, and playwinningpoker.com has some good O8 articles too. Since I learned how to play O8, that's all I'll play now when I'm playing full ring games. It's a great game once you figure it out. I still don't have shorthanded strategy down very good though so I play holdem while propping...

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to rub salt on your wounds but I have a question as to whether or not all your bonuses are included in your bankroll challenge? In other words, bonuses aside, are you still up for the year?

1:11 PM  
Blogger dna4ever said...

I don't want to rub salt on your wounds but I have a question as to whether or not all your bonuses are included in your bankroll challenge? In other words, bonuses aside, are you still up for the year?

Im would be an overall losing player this year without bonuses for sure.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home